Sunday 30 November 2008

Animal Print


They say you should dress for the job you want. If that's the case, then I want to be a jungle animal! I love animal print more than any other patters....floral, plaid, stripes, polka dots are all snubbed out by the brilliance of animal print. It all started when I found a small, tasteful, leopard print Kate Spade purse in a consignment store. It became a part of me; I took it everywhere I went. Soon after, my sister gave me a leopard print wallet that went very well with the purse, and it was just a downward spiral from there. Within three months I went from owning one leopard print bag to owning one leopard print bag, one leopard print wallet, two pairs of leopard print shoes, a pair of leopard print gloves, and a healthy array of leopard print knick knacks. (I just bought a leopard print skirt yesterday, too!) It was an addition to any outfit that people came to recognise as my signature. But I don't only like leopard prints. Zebra is a nice accent, especially with bold colours.
A woman wearing animal prints is making a statement- she is poised, bold, and ready to revert to animal instincts at any given trigger. There's something about it that makes it so edgy, and yet it can be so tasteful!

A says, "I love leopard print with green or teal"
I must agree! (I would say that kelly green is best with zebra and teal is best with a full bodied gold leopard)


-K



No comments: