Friday 2 January 2009

Andy Samberg


In the recent years of Saturday Night Live, I have not been quite as interested in the sketches. Let's just say they were getting a bit trite and tiresome...it had all been done before. That is until one day I discover the new prodigy of SNL-Andy Samberg. The first time I saw him manifest his true genious was on December 17, 2005, when he teamed up with partner Chris Parnell in Lazy Sunday, a rap about the pairs escapades on a Sunday afternoon to see the Chroni-(what?)-cles of Narnia. That was enough to restore a bit of faith in SNL. And, it was fortified indeed when Samberg again created an Emmy-winning R&B classic with Justin Timberlake, Dick In A Box. It was just in time for the holidays, and it was discussed many times over at the family Christmas party, even by my aunts in their mid-60s and my straight-laced cousin. Then in 2007 my true love for him and his work was in full bloom when I saw Hot Rod in 2007. He is absolutely brilliant in tht movie and it is one of my favourites! I recommend it to all lovers of silly and yet sometimes subtle fun.
Pictured above is a picture of Andy Samberg doing a great impression of the comic strip character Cathy! If for any reason you've lost hope in SNL, or you've never even watched (?!?) I suggest starting up again for the pure sake of watching Andy Samberg in all of his comic glory!



-K

No comments: