Monday 8 December 2008

Bagels


What is delicious, easy, filling and wearable as a ring you ask? A bagel of course. Now now I understand why you might think it was a doughnut, but really would you want to put a doughnut on your finger and waste all the delicious frosting and glaze? Bagels have always been a part of my life. When I was young we would get a huge pack of toilet paper and I would scoot around the hall on it while I ate a bagel. Recently my favorite bagels are some Pepperidge Farm Fruit and Grain Bagels. The combination of fruit and grain makes me want to sing while I eat it, in fact I do sing when I eat them! They are perfect with cream cheese but then again, what bagel isn't perfect with cream cheese. I would have to say that the most classic bagel is with lox and cream cheese. Lox and cream cheese are a perfect match and putting them on a bagel makes them that much better. I lightly toast my bagels, so lightly you can't see that they have been toasted but just enough that they are hot with a slight crisp on the surface. Honestly, bagels are one of my all time favorite foods. I wish to become a bagel maker when I grow old. My bagel shop will be the finest in the land. I hope this post made you hungry for a bagel.

A's Signature Bagel- Try putting Nutella on a bagel, then peeps (or just plain marshmallows will do) then put some animal crackers on it! It's almost as delicious as choir boys.

K recomends panera's mocha chip bagel with hazelnut cream cheese!

-A

No comments: