Saturday 20 December 2008

Passing Notes

Back in middles school a popular pastime was passing notes. Recently I have returned to this tradition and found myself happier than I have ever been. Passing notes has been replaced by texting in class but I find it is more rewarding to sneak notes around. Notes are better than texts because 1. you can draw pictures on them and 2. you can fold them. Need more reasons? It's like getting a letter! Which is awesome! Also when you write a note you don't have to mess with t9 which currently has made up words no one would use ever instead of common ones on my phone. Being secretive is the most important thing about passing notes, especially if they are scandalous. In an unmentioned class I sit in the front of the room while the person I wish to communicate with (lets just called her "Sydney") is sitting in the back. There is a tissue box in front of my desk so "Sydney" comes up to the front of the room and takes a tissue and slips me a note. Then she blows her nose and sits down. I reply to the note then I take a tissue and walk to the back of the room to the trash can. "Sydney" is convieniently seating right near it so no one has any idea what we are up to. Execpt for anyone who isn't blind. Passing notes brings me back to the day when we listened to cassette tapes and wore cut off t-shirts. Oh the memories.

-A

1 comment:

Catastrophic Sprinkles said...

Ah...memories of 6th grade!